Sunday, July 15, 2007

Personal note...

I knew that the day would eventually come when we would have to say goodbye, I just never imagined it would be like this.

Seeing the utter destruction of the F13 forum community is definitely sad - it's like your house burning down with everything inside, cherished items that can never be replaced. But we are left with our memories, and the forum definitely held its fair share of them. The best times were when we got to hang out in real life, and the fun we had at Camp 1, Camp 2, and even Fangoria are memories I will hold onto forever.

To see this message board evolve from a handful of people into a living, breathing community is something I am truly proud of. From the early days, we wanted this to be someplace special - a message board that rose above the usual flame wars and stupidity spirals, a place where people felt comfortable speaking their minds and sharing their feelings. I'm happy to say that we truly accomplished that, and it's a legacy I am honored to have created.

Thank you to everyone that has posted with your kind words and I know exactly how you all feel. At first it was shock and anger, then we all had a chance to mourn the loss of our community, and finally we've accepted what happened and are moving on. This is the end of one chapter and the beginning of another.

I hope that all of you go out into the world and use what you've learned in this community to connect with other people and try to preserve those feelings of acceptance and tolerance that we tried so hard to maintain on the forum. I realize this was just a message board about a killer in a hockey mask, but I know it made a difference in my life and I hope it made a difference in yours.

Nothing this evil ever dies.

Take care everyone.

- Brenna O